Monday, February 15, 2016

Yes sir, that's my baby....

Last week was a whirlwind of mommy duties. I upped the ante for Peyton's Last Rodeo, got the girls' Valentines ready, styled the cocoa cart, helped with science projects, and attended class parties all day Thursday. Since it was a 4 day weekend, both girls had the dreaded double sleepover on Thursday-Friday. Friday we had a wine tasting to attend, thankfully leaving us home Saturday night. I was so grateful and just out of steam to make anything too cute for Valentine's Day! I had dragged out the decor but hadn't even opened the bins yet.

At 3:45 my oldest daughter reminded me that we always have her bestie's family over for Valentines. It is true, we always do this, and you know I hate to break tradition. So I allowed her to text them to see if they were free (the parents were staying in Saturday because the also had the wine tasting Friday). She set it all up while I met with a woman to talk drapes (much more on that later). The family was coming at 5:30 and my drape meeting went until 4:45, forcing little miss to set the whole thing up! She raided the V-day decor bins, added some plants from the window, and did this all herself:
She even dragged the settee down the stairs by herself
She created separate place-settings for the kids and adults:
Yes, sir, that's my baby! The apple doesn't fall from the tree! A chip off the old block! She gets it from her mama! Did I miss any colloquialisms???

Meanwhile, I sent Mr. 31-derful out for eggs and I whipped up a little BFD (breakfast for dinner) in a flash! I had picked up these adorable and yummy waffles from Ikea. I also got some of their potato pancakes. I am not sure why, but I felt super strange about getting food there (which is ridiculous because we eat far more exotic things all the time).  My fears were totally irrational because both products were great and will be a part of future Valentine's breakfasts around these parts!

Valentine's Day itself was spent snuggling by the fire, watching the snow fall, and savoring Downton!

1 comment:

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

What a girl! She did a great job! Now you've got me thinking I need to make a trip to Ikea -for the food - which I have never purchased, but those heart pancakes are too cute!