Friday, August 12, 2016

Kids take over the Blog: Fashion Edition

Hi, I'm Naomi!
Here is something I have been working on today!

On Tuesday, I am starting middle school for the first time ever!!!!   I was really nervous about what friends I would have in my classes and what would everybody wear.  Since I was so nervous, my mom and grandma took me out shopping.  We got tons of new tops and a few new bottoms as well as a new pair of shoes. Today, I decided I was going to make my first day of school outfit, but when I got to my room I remembered how much stuff  I got-- So much I decided to make more than one outfit. In fact, I made enough for the whole week.  I used some of my old clothes.  When I was done making the outfits, I still did not know what day I should where each one.  I made signs with days of a school week.  Then I assigned an each outfit for each day and put them in order. I was all set until I remembered a project I did with my parents before kindergarten to help with my nerves. Our pres-school teachers gave us hearts and our parents wrote their names on them along with positive notes.  Then our teachers turned them into necklaces to wear the first week of kindergarten,  This gave me an idea!  In every outfit I put a sticky note.  I had my parents sign the note to put in my  pocket to remind me they were supporting me-- one for every day of the week!

On tuesday (aka the first day of school), I am wearing a coral cold shoulder with jean shorts and a necklace with sailor sandals

On wednesday, I am wearing a gray shirt with ruffles at the bottom, navy shorts, a leaf necklace, and my silver Birkenstocks.  
On Thursday, I am wearing a white t-shirt with cut-outs, a purple athletic skirt from Ivivva and  my new tennis shoes. On Friday, I am wearing a teal shirt with pom poms, cut-offs with lace detail and my tennis shoes.  
Finally, the next Monday, I am wearing  patterned shorts, a blue split front top and booties.
 Now I am ready to start middle school!

1 comment:

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

I love your outfits, and it's great that you are so organized, since it's one less thing you'll have to worry about for your first week of school! Good luck in middle school, Naomi!